Swans on the River Brue

Washbattle Bridge

       
Bridge Name:   Washbattle Bridge
No.:   11
Location:  
Build Date:  
Engineer:  
     
       
Description:    
An east-west route became prominent in the 18th century when the road from Wiveliscombe through Langley Marsh to the Watchet-Bampton road, entering Huish at Washbattle (formerly Maundown) bridge and passing through the village, was turnpiked in 1786. A new road across Huish moor was created in 1843 as part of the inclosure.
     
References:   http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=117136


Print this | Send this | Hits: 2785 | | Return to Bridge List | Prev [<< ROW Bridge 5431] | Next [West Deane Way Footbridge A >>]